So this week has been an amazing week! Its actually kinda funny because originally this weeks theme, Love and Relationships, was supposed to be about a month ago but the guy who was teaching it, Karl, his wife was due with their 2nd child about that time so he switched weeks with someone else. But God totally had a plan to have this teaching be this week. If it had been a month ago I doubt I and others would have gotten as much out of it as we have!
Anyways, so alot of the things God taught me this past week has been really personal. Alot of it has to do with who God has made me to be, how he has made me, and thus the needs I have in life. I'm not gonna write alot about that because it is personal but if I'm talking to you via Skype, phone, Facebook message, whatever and you ask me about it then I'm probably gonna be more than happy to tell you all about it because it really is exciting! Its just a little much for me to openly put out there for all to see forever more.
Instead I'm just gonna write some of the points that I probably got the most out of during the week.
- Relationships are a spiritual thing, spiritual is eternal, thus relationships are eternal.
- Unity is corporate humility, humility is a correct assessment of self, others, and circumstances.
- Relationships are all about differences coming together to continue God's kingdom while experiencing the image of God in others.
- I have real physical, spiritual, and emotional needs as a human and God knows what they are (because thats how he made me, to need these things) and he will provide. My needs are meet in Christ.
- "Every problem in the world is a problem of relationship, every relationship problem is an issue of pride." Think about. Its true.
- Pride is thinking that you are better than the image of God in you, saying that the image of God is not enough for you.
- Agape love is a choice, its intentional.
- Love is not focusing on what you will get out of it.
- Love is a risk.
So yeah. There were alot of other really good points he brought up about relationships. Almost none of it was about romantic relationships which was really cool because lots of times we get hung up on the romantic relationships and don't give a second thought to other relationships. Also, most of it was about a Christian based relationship.
It really was a great week. God has been really digging deep in me though, teaching me how to truly rely on him through out my everyday for everything because people really do fail you in relationship but God, he won't. He can't. Its not been an easy week for me but it has been good learning these things. I know when I get past this it will have all been for the best and I'll be a completely different person.